New Jersey Drivers' License Test 2017 - FREE Practice!
New Jersey Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- New Jersey Driver's License And State ID
- New Jersey DMV Publications - Driver's Handbook, Guide, Manual, Highway Code.
- New Jersey Department of Motor Vehicles
- New Jersey DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- New Jersey DMV Related Forms and Applications
- New Jersey Motor Vehicle Registration
- Info for New Jersey DMV Teen Drivers
- Official New Jersey State Website
Types of New Jersey Licenses
Basic Automobile License - For all types of Class D motor vehicles registered by the MVC, except motorcycles.
Probationary Automobile License - For all types of Class D motor vehicles registered by the MVC, except motorcycles.
Commercial Driver License - For large trucks, buses and vehicles (Classes A, B and C).
Motorcycle License - For most vehicles with fewer than four wheels (Class E). Issued as a separate license or as an endorsement (M) if the individual already holds a basic New Jersey driver license.
Probationary Motorcycle License - For most vehicles with fewer than four wheels (Class E). Issued as a separate license or as an endorsement (M) if the individual already holds a basic New Jersey driver license.
Moped License - For unlicensed motorists 15 years of age and older. Not needed if operator has a Class A, B, C, D or E license.
Agricultural License - For farming purposes only. May be granted to persons between 16 and 17 years old.
Boat License - For individuals 16 years of age and older, who operate a motorboat on fresh, non-tidal waters, such as lakes, creeks or rivers, that are not affected by tidal conditions.
Graduated Driver License (GDL)
Step One : Get a special learner permit
Step Two : Practice With An Adult Supervising Driver
Step Three : Get A Probationary License
Step Four : With A Probationary Driver License
Step Five : Get The Basic Driver License
Requirements for a Basic Driver License in New Jersey
6 point id verification
- All applicants for a New Jersey driver license must have all required documents to satisfy the 6 Point ID Verification.
- A vision screening is required for all motorists. The MVC may refer applicants with impaired vision to a physician.
- The knowledge test consists of 50 questions, plus a survey question about organ
donation. The MVC offers the knowledge test in English and some foreign languages. If the applicant cannot read in any language, an oral test that is conducted in English or Spanish may be arranged. If the applicant is unable to take an oral or written test in the languages provided or if he/she is hearing impaired, he/she may use an MVC-approved interpreter. You need to score at least 80 percent of the test questions , or answer at least 40 of the 50 questions correctly.
- The purpose of the road test is to make sure that the applicant understands the rules of the road and can drive safely. If an applicant fails the road test, he/she must wait at least two weeks before taking the test again. Following skills or elements are tested :
Driving In Reverse
Following Other Vehicles
Nearing Corners, Intersections
Starting A Vehicle
Stopping At Signs
Using The Horn