North Dakota Drivers' License Test 2017 - FREE Practice!
North Dakota Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- North Dakota Driver's License And State ID
- North Dakota Department of Motor Vehicles
- North Dakota DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- North Dakota Motor Vehicle Registration
- Moving to North Dakota, Non Resident Motorists
- Info for North Dakota DMV Teen Drivers
- Official North Dakota State Website
License Exams General Info
To obtain a North Dakota operator's license, you must visit one of the Drivers License offices. No appointment is required to take the written examination or the visual screen test; however, you must have an appointment for a road test. Written testing is allowed up to one hour prior to noon, if testing at an office that closes for lunch, and one hour prior to closing.
The written test fee is $5. The road test fee is $5. The fee for a Class D or M permit/license is $15. The fee for a duplicate Class D or M permit/license is $8.
Instruction Permits allow you to legally practice driving.
To receive a permit you must fist pass the written examination and the visual screen
test. All applicants must be at least 14 years of age.
Classes of Licenses
North Dakota has five classes of operator's licenses. Each class requires its own written exam and a demonstration of driving skill for that class of license.